The fact that parasitic organisms live in the human body, a person does not understand immediately. Initially, the symptoms that indicate the presence of worms in the body are blurred and the person may not be aware of the true cause of the disease. Gradually, the problem worsens, the health condition worsens, and only when it is finally disturbed, a person realizes that the body is inhabited by parasites. How to determine the presence of parasites in the human body is a question addressed by preventive medicine, trying to convey to people basic information about parasitic invasions and major threats to human health.
Symptoms of a parasitic infection
There are a huge number of parasites, and thanks to the "host", they function, multiply and grow. How do you know if there are parasites? Their waste products poison the body and, if they accumulate significantly, lead to serious health dysfunctions. Among the main symptoms that indicate helminthic invasion, it is worth noting the following:
- disorders of the excretory system - diarrhea may occur due to the body's reaction to specific substances of the organs to excrete parasites or constipation, because the accumulation of parasites can interfere with the movement of food masses through the intestines;
- painful sensations in the stomach, increased flatulence;
- skin changes - the skin becomes pale, rough or flaky;
- sleep disorders - a person does not sleep well, his sleep is shallow and sensitive, gnashing of teeth indirectly indicates a worm infection;
- various allergic reactions appear - skin rash, redness;
- a person’s weight changes according to weight gain or a sharp decrease in weight;
- the person feels unmotivated irritability, irritability;
- painful sensations in joints and muscles increase;
- malignant neoplasms - due to a long-term attack of parasites on the body, the state of the immune system is undermined, which leads to the development of oncology;
- common colds occur because the immune system deteriorates.
How to determine the presence of parasites in the human body? The specialist for a number of signs and after collecting the anamnesis and analysis can say with certainty whether there is an invasion and which one.
To prevent parasite infestation, good hygiene should be observed. This may include the following items:
- wash your hands after using toilets and public places;
- wash vegetables and fruits thoroughly before eating;
- adhere to the rules of safe pet care;
- avoid eating wild animal meat;
- cook meat products properly;
- avoid buying products in spontaneous markets;
- do not eat slightly salted fish;
- do not swim in unknown lakes and rivers.
Visible manifestations of the disease
Settling in the human body, parasites cannot but affect external and internal organs and systems.
Visible possible manifestations of helminth infection include the following:
- allergic reactions: rash, Quincke's edema, fever, itching - the severity of the manifestation depends on the localization, the number of parasites;
- disorders of the digestive system;
- skin manifestations in the form of ulcers, inflammation, acne, papillomas;
- pallor of mucous membranes and skin;
- nail and hair problems - brittleness, fading;
- weight loss;
- frequent headaches;
- gnashing of teeth during sleep;
- severe fatigue, difficulty concentrating;
- cough without signs of cold or inflammation;
- swelling of the legs and arms;
- muscle pain;
- nervous system disorders - depression, energy loss, anxiety.
Obvious signs of the presence of parasites in the body include the following:
- disorders of the digestive system;
- severe itching in the anal area;
- detection of helminths in feces or vomit.
Typically, one infected family member will infect others, and the similarity of symptoms is key to diagnosis.
Diseases as a consequence of helminth infection
When a person is infected with parasites, the body reacts to extraterrestrial life with a series of diseases. How to find out if there is a parasite in the body? You should analyze your feelings and all the symptoms. Among the acquired diseases can be distinguished the following:
- papillomas - the result of the presence of worms in the body are papillomas that appear on the skin in large numbers;
- asthmatic manifestations - asthma attacks are often the result of the presence of parasites in the body;
- allergic reactions - as a result of invasion of the intestine, microscopic violations of the integrity of the walls of organs and the entry of food fragments into the bloodstream, which causes the body's reaction in the form of various types of allergies;
- endocrine diseases - may be the result of invasions;
- the female body responds to the presence of parasites by violating the menstrual cycle, inflammation of the ovaries, fibroids, fibroids;
- in men there are defects of the genital area - impotence, prostatitis, adenoma.
The body's response depends on a person's general health.
The world of parasites in the human body
A large number of parasites are present in the human body, which cause various diseases:
- pinworm - a disease of enterobiase;
- toxocariasis - a disease of toxocariasis;
- hookworm - a disease of hookworm;
- ascaris - ascariasis disease;
- swine tapeworm - tenia disease;
- bovine tapeworm - a disease of teniarinhoses;
- broad tapeworm - a disease of difilobotriosis;
- echinococcus - echinococcosis disease;
- alveococcus - a disease of alveococcosis;
- lamblia is a disease of giardiasis.
Pinworms are common helminths in children’s groups. The small worm lives in the large and small part of the intestine, comes out, lays eggs on the skin of the host, underwear. Eggs mature very quickly and remain viable in the environment for a long time. It enters a person through household necessities, toys. If an infected person lives in a family, the risk of infection for the rest of the family is quite high.
Toxocara is a helminth that lives in the intestines of dogs. If the rules of walking are violated, dog feces end up in children’s sandstones, and this becomes the cause of toxocariasis infection. A very dangerous helminthiasis that can cause death or severe disability if the toxocara gets into the eyes, heart, lungs, brain and other vital organs. Ascaris enters the human body with food, through dirty hands. Anemia becomes a consequence of the presence of the organism in the human body, because roundworms feed on blood components. The movement of larvae through the human body leads to allergic manifestations, inflammation of the joints, eczema. Entering vital organs causes health complications: intestinal obstruction, purulent inflammation.
Hookworm enters the human body when walking barefoot or orally. The result of the presence in the body is severe anemia and a rash on the lower and upper extremities. Broad tapeworm is a real long-lived among parasites that live in humans. It can grow over twenty meters in length and live for more than twenty years. Occupying huge spaces in the human intestinal environment, it causes significant damage and is a cause of discomfort and malfunction in all systems. A person does not receive enough nutrients, vitamins, because the parasite absorbs them from the intestines all over the surface of his body. Infection occurs through improperly processed fish products. The presence of parasites is manifested by disorders of the digestive system, weakness and impotence.
Swine and bovine tapeworm - the parasite enters a person with meat products, the movement of larvae through the body through the bloodstream poses a serious danger when it enters vital organs. The parasites reach several meters in length and live for about twenty years. Echinococcus and alveococcus are parasitic invasions that enter the human body after contact with worm-infected animals, drinking poor quality water, eating berries and vegetables with soil particles. Migrating larvae settle in the organs, create cysts and suppress the organ. The dangerous condition is a violation of the integrity of the cyst.
Giardia is the simplest parasite that mainly affects children's groups. They enter the body through toys, unwashed hands and multiply very quickly and en masse. The disease is manifested by abdominal pain, loss of appetite and retardation in physical and mental development. Drug treatment acts on the parasites, the parasites die or leave the body of the host. People need to be responsible for their health. If you notice unusual symptoms or changes in your health, check your body. Determining the presence of worms is an important step, because a neglected disease can cause not only a deterioration in health, but also a threat to life.